As the semester has come to an end it was time to finally put to the test what I had learned. I currently have a week until the end of the semester is approaching and I have learned a great deal with regard to music knowledge thanks to Anita. With the help from her criticism I was able to adjust the way I held my guitar and properly tune it for when I was to film. Even with my practice regime staying on track I still couldn’t quite get a grasp on switching from the D fret to the G fret with island in the sun.  However, I do think I have improved, I also thoroughly enjoy playing so I hope to continue practicing even when I finish this course.
For the second song I tried mastering, “Stay With Me” by Sam Smith has probably been my favourite song to learn. I discovered that when learning one of my favourite songs, it makes it more enjoyable when practicing and wanting to get better as you want to be able to do the song justice. I was able to keep a steady beat by the end, as that was a problem I noticed I had when reviewing the video updates from the midterm. I also was able to play more fluently and gracefully which was exactly the goal I had set up for myself in the final musical growth plan.
As for “Counting Stars” by One Republic, I also felt like I improved a lot since the midterm. I was able to keep the beat more consistently, and was able to memorize the chords. This therefore led me to playing each chord transition more fluently which is seen by the video.

Overall I believe I met nearly all the goals in my musical growth plan which I am content about. I will definitely be incorporating music/singing/playing an instrument in my own future class as a teacher.